If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

words.







Read this recently:

Write nothing with your hand but that which you will be pleased to see at the resurrection.


A scribe wrote that after copying (tediously I can only imagine) the text of the four gospels. 

My mother always used to warn me that when you write something-
on the internet or otherwise-
it becomes permanent. 
People you might not have intended to see it might stumble upon it. 
One day someone might bring it up with you in conversation. 


That prayer at the end of an ancient manuscript takes it to a whole new level, right? 
When you write something, and send it out into the world
(or internet, or your class or your teachers)
to be read,
there is a sense of permanence. 
When you've written something, it's much harder to take it back. 
So, with the gospel in mind, I want to write things that,
should they endure in some way,
reflect the truth I'm living for. 




However, I'm 100% positive that I will write some really stupid stuff along the way.
God forbid my emails ever become public. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this girl! seriously, I feel the same way:) thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen. I love this about writing, that it creates something permenant. and even if I change throughout the years, I can go back and read where I was in that moment.

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!