If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Friday, June 1, 2012

june.


hello June.

this summer has been an interesting mix.

there has been pain
in losing someone I love.

there has been joy in bringing in new sofas,
much loved paintings,
and tools for our new life together
into our first apartment. 

i have pain and i have joy,
as is so often the case in this complex and beautiful life,
and again, this verse directs me to the one who walks with me through this.


For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, 
so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:5



my guess is that for the rest of this summer,
I'll need that verse,
and I'll need Jesus.
[ok, that's not a guess.]

i'm confident that no matter what the suffering, what the pain,
what the joy, what the excitement or the stress is
Christ's comfort will be mine,
even when I don't feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!