If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

...sorry!

It's been a while. 


I've read those bloggers who have full time jobs,
plan weddings,
have social lives and take super awesome pictures of them,
and blog regularly.
and i am in awe. 


basically,
i think i needed to crash for a little bit. 


Greg and I are trying to get our apartment ready for when we move in
after the honeymoon, 
and so like 75% of my stuff is there,
and I don't have a key yet.
[really smart, I know.]


so... the camera is in the apartment, 
and Greg is out of state.


woops.


words are good too, right?

ready or not, here's what's on my mind. 


Before I left school for the summer, I had a conversation with a beautiful friend
about beauty, and it's connection with faith
Something she had read about was that a particular word in Scripture
was mostly translated "good" but could in many cases be translated "beautiful."

kalos.

Let us not lose heart in doing the beautiful,
for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
Galatians 6:9


In all the mundane things of my summer,
the plant watering, 
the coaching, the reading for school,
the planning details of the wedding,
I don't want to lose heart in doing what is beautiful.


I don't want to grow weary of doing things that point towards
redemption and joy and peace,
and it's easy to grow weary when I'm not firmly connected
to the source of all that is beautiful and life-giving.





3 comments:

  1. love this. yes, we must keep sight of the beautiful and redemptive. of restoration and liberty. of All Things New! thanks for the reminder:) and i'm so excited for you to marry your best friend. I cannot begin to describe the blessing that it is. it is truly beautiful on so many levels. much love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like your life is kinda crazy right now! But it is full of wonderful things...so excited for you and Greg!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!