If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

things I've never done.





it feels like lately is filled with challenges to do things I've never done.

on thursday, my paintings will be exhibited.
the little sculptures I made
[intentionally mysterious photos above]
will be on display as the centerpieces for the event.
i won't be able to go get a platter of food to serve
to avoid talking about my art.


in grad class, i'm working through some things I never thought about before.
we're basically being challenged to react to life in fundamentally different ways. 
in ways that speak boldly
Christ is what I'm living for, with reckless abandon.




I want to be able to live in a way that says that about me.
when suffering comes, as it always does,
I want to choose to suffer with purpose. 
when opportunities come, like they have this week,
to stand by something that is an expression of God's power in my life,
I want to be bold about that. 
Bold about Him. 



More this week than ever, I am so grateful for men and women
who have modeled that for me. 
People who have poured out their gifts and talents
at the foot of the cross,
serving others and furthering Christ's kingdom. 
I have been blessed by seeing some extraordinary followers of Jesus. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! You have a fabulous gift and I appreciate the wonderful child of God that you are! Love your site and Keep up the great work for you are worth it.
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks for your sweet comment:)Yes yes bloggy friends for sure:) Excited to see your artwork...have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!