If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

some of the best moments in recent days.






have been my quiet breakfasts.
I usually make my breakfast and my coffee,
bring my comforter out to the living room couch,
and read scripture out loud.

lately, I've been reading this book- The Mystery of Marriage, as well.

some stand outs from my reading:

What then? If some did not believe, 
their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?
Romans 3:2

Into thy hand I commit my spirit;
thou hast ransomed me, Oh Lord,
God of truth. 
Psalm 31:5

"So stupendously mystifying and unprecedented was this event (the incarnation)
that it is difficult to understand how even God could have known Who He 
was at that point. All we can say is at Bethlehem he took a risk,
some unimaginable risk of His Own skin for our sakes, 
that somehow God himself pushed himself to the very limits."
Mystery of Marriage, 187


here's to taking risks for others.

2 comments:

  1. Now you're just making me hungry.

    But seriously, I need to get back into morning quiet times, now that I can actually wake up early pain-free again! Missing those quiet moments before the kids are up and crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! That was a good book. I need to go back and read it again. I read it while I was engaged, but I was kind of on extra high Cloud 9 and had trouble focusing. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!