If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Sunday, May 29, 2011

this is sparta!

I was just going to write "this is summer!"
but then the movie 300 popped into my head.
[and i cannot resist that movie-seriously]


so... this is summer.
and i like it.


a little while ago...





graduating roomie, graduating best friend. 



the sky was beautiful leaving work the other night. 


yesterday...


walking around Westfield


catching moments like these in the car
[touching, obviously. we're so in sync! must be made for each other.]


eating the rest of my penny candy from Caleb and Amanda's wedding.
[which was gorgeous by the way.]


making dinner for Greg
[spaghetti squash + grapefruit lemon custard for dessert]

today...

church, lunch at panera, sitting out in the sunshine.


note the book i'm supposed to be studying,
buried deep beneath my cookbooks and bible.
hmmm.


once again, "studying"


my lame attempt at a fishtail braid and new sunglasses!




watering the flowers.


and snacking on this delicious gem. 
and yes, before you ask... I did think the fork was a classy touch for this picture. 


tomorrow...

some more reading, 
breakfast with the boy,
swimming and a barbeque with friends,
and lots of love. 


happy memorial day weekend!
[let the wearing white, barbeques, and pool hopping begin!]

8 comments:

  1. This makes me so excited for summer! I'm just hoping the weather where I live starts to cooperate a bit more-right now the rain/fog is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy Mary..you deserve it after working so hard all year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, summer. I love it even though I don't get breaks any more....work...the real world...so overrated. I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing summer love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy mem day weekend, girly! and happy summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good times! hope you had a relaxing and awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these photos--so summery!

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you read cookbooks instead of studying. we must be twins at heart.

    and your spagetti squash looks killer! did you make it like spagetti? that stuff is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!