If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Saturday, May 21, 2011

that familiar day.


Graduation.

Except for this year, my two best friends at school are graduating.
And not just leaving the university,
but leaving, leaving. 

Like...Colorado leaving. 
And foreign country leaving. 

I screamed so loud at the ceremony for them that
the toddler being held next to me...
well, let's just say she was a little frightened


Today I am grateful:

for the impending summer
for Anna, for Sarah
for how well provided for I am
[I mean, moving sure makes you realize how much you have.]
for a job I'm excited for this summer
for the glorious weather
for the university
[singing In Christ Alone and
 Great is Thy Faithfulness at graduation was a reminder
 of how good we have it here]
for professors that hug students when they walk across the stage
and
that our Lord is faithful, even if he doesn't come back today.



Praying for those who have built their life upon this date. 




Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, 
we wait for you:
Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
Isaiah 26:8


enjoy this beautiful weather!
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. aw i feel ya girl. a few of my good friends graduated this year too, it's very strange. i totally forgot today's the day. well we'll just keep moving along won't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so sad when you leave or your friends leave. but you will make new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of my friends have graduated this year also...i can't believe how fast time is going by! :( but i am excited for summer as well :)

    have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog and for my birthday wish! Lovely blog you have here. It is so difficult to watch friends move away and I was on the other side of the move. I moved from Texas to NYC and I will tell you, it was so incredibly hard to leave them after school and I miss them everyday. We skype a lot!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. moving really does make you realize how blessed you are! even if you don't feel it while you're carrying heavy boxes :) so blessed. and it's so sad to part with friends, isn't it! oh but the good lord is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that feeling! it's so hard but real friends are there till the end. and though you aren't right around the hall from them, your relationship stills grows. just in a different way (:

    congrats on graduating though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your friends! Love your dress! Some of my best friends from college are still my best friends, nine years later. :)

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!