If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Monday, May 16, 2011

some shots from da weekend

 We had a picnic in the backyard of our apartment complex
to congratulate the seniors on graduation coming up.

The weather was great, the food was good, 
and I attempted to learn some new Frisbee tricks
[the operative word being attempted].






our centerpieces


so many delicious pies!


our most festive backyard picnic attire







Grace and I got hungry...


so we hopped up on the tail gate and ate our hotdogs


and surveyed the party.


What a beauty.




one of my lovely residents!

\

On Saturday, my boss had a birthday party for his kids
Giselle (3)
and Evan IV (1).
But not just any party.
Oh no.
Princess and Pirate birthday party in the Park. 
[and yes, the above picture is my boss]



Check out that precious baby pirate.
[and his gold earring]



And last night, Alyssa and I
together with all of our dear teammates
went to the PBU Athletics banquet.

Glad I got to sit next to that girl,
because otherwise the lack of spoons to eat our mousse with
would have been unbearable.


today:
gym visit
study date
final for night class
last Bible study of the semester
and gigantic sleepover
[everyone bring your mattress to my apartment!]



hope your weekend and your Monday are absolutely
lovely.


xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is really the epitome of summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this pies look delicious!
    and i like your picnic dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's nothing better than a party with red checkered tablecloths...love. looks like y'all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love backyard parties!!! Your dress is adorable. It goes perfectly with the whole feel of the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing photos! looks like you had the best time ever. those pies look so so yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just throwing it out there . . .
    I think we should outfit swap.
    Mostly because I want to borrow that dress. Hahaha.
    <3 leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have such a picture-perfect picnic!

    those dresses, that banner, the food...love it.

    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowowowow. So excited for summer! This is a great post... I felt like I was there!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!