If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

rain, rain

go away.

Yep, that would be great.


Right now I am...


1. snuggled up underneath the covers and this quillow
[yes quillow, a quilt that folds up into a pillow]
I made in eighth grade. 
Super cool.

2. really glad all my papers are finished for the semester-
just one more test and i'm done for Spring 2011!

3. exhausted. 
This is what happens when you break out the bananagrams at midnight.
uh oh. 

4. trying to convince myself to get up out of my bed and start packing...
but then I find something exciting on stumbleupon 
or one of you writes an awesome blog post
or something,
and I just stay put.


Today:

taking the art down from our walls 
[sad, sad, sad]
breaking out some boxes for my clothes and extra linens
filling out my Sociology study guide
[riveting]
a phone date with Gregory
lots of peach mango tea
and
continuing to be blown away by Isaiah 55.


“Come, all you who are thirsty,
   come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
   come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
   without money and without cost.
Why spend money on what is not bread,
   and your labor on what does not satisfy? 

Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
   and you will delight in the richest of fare. 
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,” 
declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 As the rain and the snow
   come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
   without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
   so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
 so is my Word that goes out from my mouth:
   It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
   and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 
"




here's hoping you have an absolutely lovely
purposeful and meaningful
day. 


xoxo

11 comments:

  1. congrats on finishing up your papers! a quillow sounds like heaven right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, and what sweet relief to be done! and beautiful passage. nothing can satisfy quite like the sweet love of our Savior:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. staying in bed sounds so dreamy! haha

    xoxo
    b

    ReplyDelete
  4. horray! You are almost done!!! you look so cozy in those pictures...perfect for a rainy day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that scripture! It's always so nice to find other Christian bloggers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a quillow sounds amazing! i need one in my life haha. i am loving these photos! so exciting you have finished all your papers! best feeling x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scripture!! Love your 4 different expressions on each situation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is adorable!
    i want a quillow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've been getting quite a bit of rain here, too. And yay for finishing papers! Good luck on your last test!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your blog hun!! and i love isaiah 55 too. congratulations on almost finishing the semester!! love and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. the quillow = the precursor to the snuggie... only obviously better.
    p.s. loooove the four pictures idea. (read: i may or may not be copying it soon:])

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!