If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

have you ever...

worn an outfit you felt like described you?




That was today for me.

[happy]







seen things a different way all of a sudden?




heard how people first perceived you?
[at breakfast with two friends today, 
one of them said she sat behind me in chapel for a whole semester
before we met,
and she knew me by my tattoo]






felt like you rediscovered the place you live?
[more pictures from PIFA]


Ferris Wheel
[one of my favorites]





I wanted to make dinner with these beautiful veggies. 
[mmmmmmm]

just a normal face in the crowd.


love, love, love her.


the photographer at work



wall made of sequins? 
I think I met my soul mate. 
[actually]


my friend Lydia has the most beautiful hair


[mmmmm, part II]



Have you ever 
dreamed of someone
who isn't around?

[and woken up with the memory of them?]



My mom died May 7, 2004,
and this time of year is always difficult. 
Feeling grateful for the friends
who've made it known they'll be here. 


xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I've worn plenty of outfits that I felt described me! They are the ones I like the most :)

    heyrecklessmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously the best days in the world :) Sometimes it surprises me though, which outfits end up doing that for me. I love all of the different little prints on your skirt and your lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute - perfect! And this is such a sweet post :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh girl. if that outfit describes you... might i just say that i love your description.

    and isn't it strange hearing friends tell their first impressions of you?!

    sending prayers for you during this emotional month! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog. First of all, I love your outfit and you look beautiful in it. Your photos are wonderful (I love the ones about your town).

    I lost my mom on May 16, 2008 when I was 18. I think about her every May too. I'm glad you have friends to rely on and to keep you optimistic during this trying month. I'm sorry you didn't get enough time with her and I'll be thinking about you today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit - you look great, and the best part of it all is that you felt great in it! Always the best.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I lost my father when I was 10 and every December 21st is just as hard as the previous. Knowing you have good people in your life that are there for you really makes it a little better, doesn't it?

    PS - I'm hosting a cute necklace giveaway! It might be the perfect addition to your next outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sweet friend. praying for you today. i can't imagine how you must feel, but i can imagine a feeling of peace washing over you. this post was beautiful. i can relate to so much of it, especially a friend who gets you! hope your week is beautiful and filled with blessings and sweet mama memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If that's the outfit that describes you, then you must be even cuter in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet post :) and i love the outfit! the skirt if gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww hun, my thoughts are with you in these days.x

    p.s. cute outfit, totally love the skirt :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a gorgeous post! beautiful photos. and i love your outfit. So sorry to hear about your mum! That would be so hard. I am thinking of you.

    Im following. I thought I already was but seems i wasnt haha. but now i am :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post. Just reading your blog for the first time. I'm so sorry about your mom. I can't imagine how heartbreaking this must be. It sounds like she graced you with her presence just long enough to influence you into such a beautiful woman. I also pray that you will be reunited in heaven someday soon & that this hope will encourage you as you miss her.

    onegoodreed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are absolutely beautiful, inside and out, and I know this after reading this post! May all your dreams and daydreams be magical! xox!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!