If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Monday, April 18, 2011

things

to be grateful for on a tough day:



1. I have a roof over my head. Not just a roof, but an apartment.
[that I share with two girls I love.]



2. Spring is here, whether or not it has it's weather together yet...
it's here. 
And after spring comes summer. 
[I have to remember that I'm in the home stretch here.]


3. Good music. Taking a walk and listening to Andrew Bird,
Florence and the Machine, Regina Spektor, Interpol, Wilco, and old favorites
like the Black Crowes, Bloc Party and the Music
reminded me how sometimes music is so needed.
It's an intangible and powerful agreement with your soul. 



4. You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,
 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free,
 male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, 
and heirs according to the promise. 

Galatians 3:26-29


 5. A comfortable [although not as adorable as this] place 
to read, write, and type til the cows come home,
and the ability to go to school, especially for something I love so much.



6. This reminder:

It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good.

Galatians 3:19a.

I'm exhausted. In a lot of ways. 
I'm intimidated by the amount of work that I have,
the time I have to do it,
the expectations that professors have,
the people I want to see and spend time with,
the plans yet to be made for this summer and this coming fall,
and the school's attendance policy
[for serious- we like ALWAYS have to be in class].

But I have a ton to be grateful for.
This list barely skims the surface, and I know that. 


Here's hoping my to-do list get's accomplished quickly today!


xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel Mary! It can be hard sometimes to remember how much we have especially when life is so busy! I too relate with upcoming uncertainties in life! But if I know anything...is that God is always Faithful...He will provide, in HIS time and in HIS way. But He NEVER leaves us hanging! Two things recently, I have been reminding my self of are: Rather than focusing on how BIG our problems seem...Focus on HOW BIG Our amazing Father in Heaven IS! And "We must EXPECT Great things from God...BUT in return, we must ATTEMPT even Greater things for Him!"-- I commend how you are trusting in the Lord, and I know you will get there! And your blog is always an encouragement to me! So thank you!

    Megan Price

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. i needed those quotes today, and the lovely little reminders that life is beautiful, our God is grand beyond measure, and stresses are tiny in comparison. have a beautiful, blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love reading your posts. This one was definitely inspiring & uplifting! :)
    <3 leigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I admire your ability to look at the blessings in life when you have reason to be down about it! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice list. It's always good to stay positive and to look at the brighter side of things. There are times when I whine and times when I put on a sad face but every time I think of all the blessings I have received I just can't remember what had me frowning and whining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want that hanging rainbow seat thing sooo much.

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!