If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Saturday, April 9, 2011

self portrait


Teach me, I beg of you-
Oh, only one who can-
Oh, one who knows my sin-
Oh, one who makes me able-
Oh, one who took my shame-
to trust you.

In mine, pathetic, mundane
and trivial situation,
Teach me to trust your sovereignty-
not threatened by death
by sword
or fire
or lions.


Only threatened by my 
own inaccurate fear.

You purchased my life!
All control to you!


Please refuse me
the ability and
drain my desire
to take that control
which you purchased
Back.


I want trust in you,
intimacy with you. 
Gentleness and patience
allowed by a heart 
who knows your loving power.

There is no hope for me,
floundering in sin I
Knew not the depth of-
Know not the depth of. 


By myself, I am lost
with human aid: lost. 
But you can 
as you have done before,
Transform me,
heart and behavior
inside and out
so that I might rest a 
shade closer to you-
know the Lord my God
and Love the Lord my God
with more of my whole heart, yes,
a whole heart to you. 

Loving you,
Knowing you,
Needing you,
Acknowledging you.

Bliss, I think. 

8 comments:

  1. I love that tattoo and your nails (:
    http://imladystardust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M,
    In the midst of blog surfing I came across your blog and was wondering if you could help me with a project. For my husband and my 5th anniversary, I'm trying to get pictures from as many different states and countries as I can with a person from that location holding a sign that says
    Janae loves Jeff in ____________

    I don't have any from Pennsylvania yet and I was wondering if you would do a picture for me?

    my blog: jscrapalex.blogspot.com
    flickr group for this project: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1617848@N25/members/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beautiful post.
    You are such a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tattoo ;-) I have a tiiny tiny one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your nails...so creative! You always post the most inspiring quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this. beautiful. and such important words :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the poem is gorgeous!
    xx

    http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!