If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Friday, March 4, 2011

What does it all mean?!?

The Eastern Regional Conference for the Evangelical Theological Scholarship is here today. 
Needless to say, there's a lot floating around in my head right now. 

But I'll save that for another time. 
[Hopefully a time when I have a little more figured out...Or not.]

So I'll focus on the dinner party!
It was so great! So great, in fact, that I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked. 
Sad. 
But I did get a few before the shindig started!


The theme was "Bring the Spring," and everyone dressed up in their favorite spring dresses!

Flowers, colorful perfume, and Alyssa's bike made for perfect decor!

Lemon-blueberry cake with cream cheese frosting!


Fresh Veggies!


My to-do list before the party started.


My bring the spring outfit- Ralph Lauren dress, J-Crew belt, Gap Men's cardigan, and Belgian Loafers (my mother's!)

Menu:
Fresh Vegetables with a Spiced Ranch dip
Toasted Crackers with Cheddar and Pear Slices
Raspberry Lemonade Punch
Greek Lemon Chicken with Orzo and Kalamata Olives 
Lemon-Blueberry Cake with Cream cheese Frosting
Iced Oatmeal Cookies with Chai Spice Tea


It all turned out so well- the girls were over here for hours and really got to know each other better I think. 
Someone even asked if we could do this once a week!
[that may have a little something to do with cafeteria food, but I'm not complaining...]
While I'm not sure a weekly dinner party is really possible, 
I'd love to do them more regularly.

Do you guys have any cheap and chic ideas or themes for parties?


Happy Weekend everyone! 
xoxo


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your party was a success!
    What a cute theme idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your veggies are so bright and crisp looking- yums!
    I'm a gypsy too (by heritage, anyway...) We're good people :)
    Cheers!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! Drooling over that blueberry cake, looks so delish, enjoy the weekend!

    <3 Cess O.
    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look adorable!!! glad it was a success!!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!