If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Verge...

 The Venus of Samothrace

Talk about movement. 

I love the moment when, in class, the things being said become more important than the neatness of your notes. When instead of worrying about whether or not you'll be able to read it later, you're more concerned with getting it down.
Getting all of it down.
All the thoughts that are whirring and whizzing around your head about something so much more important than you realized. 

In one of my classes- Triune God- this has been happening so regularly I've stopped trying to write neatly and instead have been emphatically underlining words. 
All over the place. 

It's made me rethink some passages of scripture (Genesis 18-19 in particular) and wonder why I never stopped to ponder them before (pronoun usage, anyone?). 

It's a feeling that reminds me of a conversation I once had with my ex-roommate, Anna. 
About when you're on the verge of understanding something really big and important about God or the universe or people or yourself or anything, but when you try to speak it, it disappears. 
My note taking is me trying to speak it before "the verge" of understanding disappears. 

Anyways... It's a lazy Tuesday. I'm off to read some Greek Mythology. 




I love school. 

3 comments:

  1. ex-roommate looks so sad. :(
    <3 you and you're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary,
    I'm already in love with your blogging venture.
    love,
    (another ex-roommate [for a week!)]
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take note like that too. I went to study from them before a test a little while ago and some things I could not even read, but I remembered the frenzy of trying to write them down. so true.

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!