If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein

Sunday, February 27, 2011

sunshine

I have to say, boarding the plane to come back here to this weather was painful. 

It was 85 degrees in Florida while we were there, oh my word. 

The conference was amazing- it's so powerful to see a network of young adults with a common purpose immediately hit it off. 
I'm still processing through a lot of what was discussed, so I'm sure there will be sporadic quotes and reflections here on the blog for a while, but I wanted to throw some pictures up!

our group- plus our director of student programs and dean of student life

sarah and i obviously thrilled to be venturing into warmer territory

Lauren, a student from CIU in South Carolina, myself, and Taj walking over to see the historic shuttle launch

our team's "band picture" at Downtown Disney

us enjoying the sunshine for our last morning of the conference


There was an unbelievable amount of challenging and encouraging data thrown our way , 
a totally sketchy necessary trip to a place called The Drunken Monkey with our Dean of Students,
absolutely crazy games of Dutch Blitz played [very loudly],
and a lot of valuable friendships forged
in just those three days. 


Happy Sunday!

xoxo




2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I am seriously wanting to go down to Disney sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some pics on fb too! It looks like you had a great time!! What was the conference for/about?!

    ReplyDelete

hey guys...i seriously love your comments.

so.... go ahead. leave some!